Wednesday 1 December 2010

My Current Thoughts & Issues

So, not posted in around a week, in the little free time I've had I've either been farming scenarios or enjoying the delights of our new Sky HD box (yes, a bit behind the times I know)

So, 1.4 has been here a while now and I'm just going to whitter on for a little bit with things I like and things I don't. I'll re-iterate here that I don't oRvR much, generally just while waiting for scenarios popping. My laptop (yes, I play on a laptop) really doesn't like 100 vs 100 fights

Anyway...

The Good

First off, it has to be the EPIC RENOWN. Yes, I do believe that that statement deserves capitals, bold, italics and underlining, even in Eternal Citadel, which one we'd remember how to play we did pretty well in, I got over 8k renown in a 2 minute scenario. I also tend to be getting around 25-30% of a renown rank in an evening (about 3 hours play) which is insane so I'm pushing 72 now, which I'll hopefully get tonight

Secondly, the skaven. In what oRvR I've done (normally weekend mornings) I've now played all of the skaven classes. the packmaster I found a bit dull and didnt play it for long, but the buffs it can kick out are insane. The other 3 classes (Rat Ogre, Gutter Runner and Warlock Engineer) are all pretty fun and definitely bring something new to the game. We had 2 Rat Ogres at a keep siege one morning and we threw pretty much the entire warband into the keep which caused some chuckles. The gutter runner scout ability is really nice as well, showing where the enemy is on the map

Thirdly, Scenario Pops, now Mythic have fixed whatever they broke they're poping thick and fast, which suits me down to the ground as I'm regularly hitting 15k renown per scenario which is awesome. As a guild, we're performing better in scenarios as well. taking on a lot of the top order guilds, and while we're not always winning, when we don't we're certainly giving a good fight.

The Bad

Bugs... How can a patch break something that wasn't changed???? We had a guild outing to ToVL on Sunday (still need the glyph from the 6th boss) and we wiped 3 times on the first boss before getting irritated and running scenarios. Everything was fine and as expected until he popped into Carrion Phase, none of the usual CC to stop him spinning was taking effect as it should and as such our RR80 chosen and RR76 (I think) marauder were just getting destroyed by the insane damage.

Matchmaking System... I don't understand how this works, we still see a lot of pugs vs rr80 set groups, we can win 5 scenarios in a row (which you would think would boost the rating) and then fight a bunch of low level puggers. Work needs to be done on this

Need to go do some work now (bah) might add some more later

No comments:

Post a Comment