Friday 22 October 2010

Daemon Moon Rising

http://herald.warhammeronline.com/liveevents/2010DaemonMoonRising.php

So its that time of year again and the hallowe'en event rolls around

the event itself seems relatively straight forward and I got a bit of it done last night (/drink at all careers - finding a magus was fun :/) and got a few of the 'children of the mask' quests done

My only complaint about this is that to complete a lot of the tasks you have to be wearing a mask... this means I'm not wearing my DP helm (grrr) which drops me about 90 intelligence as I lose the set bonus. Some of the abilities on the masks are quite nice though, lets see what I can remember from memory...

Bloodletter Mask - 10m cooldown, +10% movement speed/+20% damage/healing done for 10 secs
Goblin Mask - 20' radius aoe attack on target that does poor damage
Mask of the Unborn - plague - deals 1200dmg over 10 secs to target then jumps to another target and does the same, hits 5 targets total
delicate silver mask - 10m cooldown, fills morale bar
gaping skull mask - makes friendly target immune to damage for 10s (channelled)
Meatcleaver's mask (advanced reward)- timed explosion, after 10secs, aoe's around target for 1200 damage and aoes around caster for 1800 (healing)

These next two are pretty rare and have passive bonuses and abilities

Leather Face (Gold bag RvR PQ) - Passive: increase damage and healing done by 2% for each ability activation (stackable x5) Activated: apply built up passive bonus to everyone within 30 feet
Face Eaters mask (Gold Bag PvE PQ) - Passive: Each Critical attack increases crit chance by 2% (stackable x5) Activated: Sacrifice self to deal 300 damage in 30' pbae, then continues to burn doing 240 damage every 2 seconds for 30 seconds

oddly, didnt get a single High Pass Cemetary scenario pop last night which prevented me from starting some of the tasks, and I didnt get over to the orvr zone to look at the new PQ, might give it a try tonight if I'm around

For the rewards, the basic reward is probably the most interesting....

its a 3 day buff that grants +10% damage/healing/xp/renown, I can't remember whether this is 3 days logged in, or 3 days real time.. I think its logged in time, will confirm later

the advanced reward is the meatcleaver's mask, I remember the ability being called 'Pain and Pleasure' which makes me think its some sort of lifetap, will confirm later again

and the elite reward is a 60day event slot item, IIRC the sorc item was 16 INT / 10 WOU / and some toughness maybe? again, will confirm later :)

And there's a final reward of the Magnus Daemonicum which can be got from the PQ and (I believe) as a rare drop from the repeatable quest

EDIT: Updated mask info, need to get my mits on the leather face mask methinks

No comments:

Post a Comment